Blue booking and various stories
Boris
Administrator
Administrator
Every story starts with once upon a time

Postby Boris » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:32 am

....except this one.

[Slight disclaimer]
I had the idea that Mike's Keldoran is the one that acquired the ship. We all served together back in the day, something happened and Mike's character came out with my character oweing him a big favor. No idea what that is, and it's really not too important. So i figure he gets this ship and decides to call in his markers to get it crewed up.

I hope this dosn't step on your toes Mike, if it does let me know and i'll change it however it's required.

Also to Rob, i decided to start the game with a protocol droid. Figured that'd be something I could acquire with little trouble. I chose the Chiba DR-10 as the model (Wookieepedia link). The sarcasm and snark i think makes him an interesting character. Once again, if this isn't what you were thinking let me know and i'll rewrite accordingly.
[/slight disclaimer]

World's End Tavern, Nar Shadaa

The Tavern was in a bad part of the planet, and given Nar Shadaa's reputation that said a lot. There was your usual pile of refuse slogging down what barely qualified as a drink. A couple of bounty hunters hoping to hit a payday matching faces to the BountyNET, normal assortment of smugglers, hired thugs and general wastrels. Your average run of the cesspool. Sitting in the back corner, darkest part of the bar, was a lone Dashade. He sat with a cloak pulled up a tankard of Jawa Juice untouched in front of him. The dashade growled quietly to himself. His contact was late. The note said to meet a Twilek named Aswar'aven. He was late. Late contact meant no cred and Araris was annoyed.

Five more minutes he thought glaring at the Jawa Juice, blaming it for his misfortune. Ten minutes passed and still nothing. Araris stood up and just as he was about to leave his table a smug human stepped out of the shadows. A Gamorean and a Wookie keeping a watchful eye on him, muscle.

"Mr. Kel, we have business we need to discuss. Please have a seat and let me buy you a drink." The human gestured to the empty seat with a patented smile of someone with the upper hand. "Reston Selik would like to acquire your services."

Reston Selik was a two-bit crime lord who stole twice his share when they were handing out luck. Pair that with a rich father in the G.A. who died mysteriously and you have a well funded idiot who thinks he's a pirate. He just never learned the first lesson of Crime. Never cheat a cheater unless you have a bigger gun.

"You work for Selik? That two-bit Bantha poodoo still owes me 2000 credits." All expression fell off Araris' face and his hand fell to his sides.

"Ah Lord Reston mentioned you two had a disagreement as to the balance of your account. He says that your oversight can easily be overlooked and he forgives all debts, if you do the same." The Gamorean and the Wookie stepped closer.

Araris' eyes flickered over to them. Competent guards, two blaster pistols and vibro axe. He met the eyes of the Wookie momentarily and slightly shook his head. The guards hands dropped down to rest of the handles of his Blaster Pistols. Araris shrugged and looked back at Selik's toady.

"He says I owe him a debt? And it's my oversight?" Araris' hands fell to his side and his shoulders relaxed. The toadie took this a sign of acceptance while the Wookie took two steps to the side to clear his line of fire.

"Tell him I agree, all debts are settled. Wait, that's far too impersonal for a man as mighty as Mr. Selik. I'll tell him myself."

Araris spun around quickly dropping into a crouch two vibroblades seeming to appear in his hands. As he stood he laid open the toadie from stomach to neck and came face to face with the guards.

"Walk away from this. My fight's not with you. We're all professionals. But i'd appreciate it if you boys'd walk away first."

A shadow fell over the Wookie's face and he brayed in the Wookie language then leveled his blasters at the Dashade. The Gamorean snorted and charged pulling his axe from his back. Araris side stepped the charge and used the clumsiness of thee attack against the Gamorean. His blades whipped out and after a few thrusts the last two hit home. Blood welled from the Gamoeran before he could turn around. One more series of thrusts Araris had cut his throat. He turned again to the Wookie who held the blaster pistol at him.

Two quick shots fired out, nearly hitting Araris and he dove in to close the distance. A few quick sword thrust easily avoided by the large guard and a few blaster bolts an no blood had been drawn. Araris looked at the Wookie as he danced under his guard. "Sleep my friend." Araris pushed the force at him and the started to fall. Three quick thrusts later it looked like Araris killed the wookie drawing blood from numbers places. It looked like the Wookie was injured in the fight.

Araris stood up after cleaning his blades on the Gamorean's shirt and looked back at the table. "We're leaving." He turned and started walking towards the door, a small spherical droid following behind him. The crowd didn't even look up, brawls and deaths were common here. He tossed the credits the Gamorean had on the bar as he left. Courtesy was king and all that.

After they had walked a bit, Araris stopped and turned to the Chiba DR-10 protocol droid. "Drio, what did the Wookie say?"

"Well sir, before your most honorable AND challenging killing of an unarmed man, and two petty thugs the poor Wookie said 'I'm sorry.' So great slayer of the unarmed and innocent what shall you kill next? A child? I hear they have some kittens a few streets over."

"Not today Drio, anything on the nets? Aswar'aven didn't show."

"No sir, nothing in the way of work. Although that Keldoran officer from back in the corps sent you a message. Quite cryptic actually. "Mos Eisley, Landing bay 13. It's Time" Quite ominous wouldn't you say? I have to say, I don't have the slightest idea what it means. And if i can't figure it out, i highly doubt you will. After all there's no place for a sword in a message."

Araris scowled at the droid then started walking fast towards the transport station. "Drio make reservations on the next bucket off planet. We're going to Tatooine."

The droid audibly sighed. "Yessir. But I do hate the sand."
Last edited by Boris on Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boris(a.k.a. GM, TheUnforgiven, and Mike) is considered dangerous but useful. Psycological profile indicates either multiple personality disorder or an unhealthy degree of imagination. Approach with care; Report to regional Headquarters C when successful.
Current Characters:
D&D4th Catsith - Rogue
Mutants and Masterminds - OctPrime
Shadowrun 5th: ZERK!!!! FOR SAMMICH!

Snake

Postby Snake » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:34 pm

I love it! The Droids sarcasm is priceless! I approve! especially since it gives Me an idea for the first adventure...

Boris
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Boris » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Bay 23-G, Nar Shadaa Space Port, Nar Shadaa

The Dashade walked down the long hallway of the Nar Shadaa space port, checking the markers on each door. Drio had spoken to a space captain leaving for Tatooine in little over an hour, and Araris still hadn't seen the ship. Araris came around one last bend and found the portal he was looking for. He stepped through and was greeted by a site that made him shudder.

The transport ship, and old YT-1300p was sprawled across the dock. It seemed that every access panel was open and a variety of parts and tools were strewn everywhere. Araris stopped and spun on his droid. "I thought this ship was set to leave in an hour?"

"The records do indicate the departure time to be 68 minutes hence. Sir. Might I ask when you added Chronometer to my list of specialties."

The Dashade ignored him and glared at the ship. He started stalking towards the ramp when he was intercepted by a beautiful woman that stood just about 1.7m tall. Her purple hair was offset by her dark red skin tone. The Zeltron wore a blaster loose on her hip and hand casually rested on the grip. Her other hand stopped on Araris' chest.

"Easy there big guy. What can I do for you? I'm the captain and this ship here is mine."

Araris glared down at her. "I though we were supposed to take off in an hour?"

She smiled at him and against his better judgement he did feel himself calm down. "We are perfectly on schedule. If you'll follow me, I'll show you where you can stow you luggage and weapons. As nice as those swords are we can't have them around the other passengers, now can we?"

He felt a slight push against his senses, she was trying to use the force on him. A wry grin fell across the Dashade's face and he handed over his swords. "Of course not. We wouldn't want anyone to get hurt." He smile faltered for just a moment then she turned and led him towards the ship. As they were walking up the ramp a rodian flew down it holding an arm load of tools. He was short, even my Rhodian standards and mostly black with the grease covering him. She turned and shouted out to him. "Max, a moment please?"

He stopped and stared at her, his bug like eyes blinking. "Yes cap'n? I'm busy!"

She looked at him her temper obviously flaring. "Err sorry Sir Ma'am Sir, What can I do for you?"

"You'll have the ship ready to leave in an hour right?"

"Of course captain, just some minor maintenance. She'll be good as new just a jiff.."

"Get back to work then." She turned to Araris. "Satisfied?"

Araris followed the Rodian as he climbed over, around and through the various open hatches and then shook his head. "If you say so...."

The Zeltron looked at him for a moment then smirked. "If I said so...you'd have no doubt." She spun on her heel and led him into the ship. "Number 3, these will be your quarters for the trip. Common room and galley are through there. Head is that way. Passengers are expected to stay out of the command module. My boat, my rules problems and your fare will be refunded now." She faced the Dashade again, hand resting on her blaster. "Any problems?"

Araris smirked and opened the door to his quarters. "No sir, no problems at all." He placed his pack on the bed and watched the captain walk away both of his swords slung casually over her shoulder.

"Drio, did you have to pick a YT-1300 with a Zeltron captain? Is this your idea of a joke?"

"I assure you sir, humor is not part of my programming. I'm not sure that you'd understand most humor anyway."

Araris sighed and leaned back on his bunk stretching out. He reached into his bag and pulled out two short metal blades. He attached one to each of his forearms and made a quick gesture resulting in a half blade in each hand. Another gesture and they were gone.

"Ah-ha. I was about to tender my resignation when you let a female Zeltron disarm you. I thought you had lost your touch. It's good to see even a dumb humanoid learn new tricks. "

Araris sat up and pulled a small toolkit out of his pack. He quickly disassembled the door assembly and set up a small delay to the door. "DR10 i'm going to get some sleep, if anyone tries the door, and I don't hear it wake me. It's the normal 3second delay."

"Of course sir. Rest well." The droid settled down upon a low shelf and he watched.
Boris(a.k.a. GM, TheUnforgiven, and Mike) is considered dangerous but useful. Psycological profile indicates either multiple personality disorder or an unhealthy degree of imagination. Approach with care; Report to regional Headquarters C when successful.
Current Characters:
D&D4th Catsith - Rogue
Mutants and Masterminds - OctPrime
Shadowrun 5th: ZERK!!!! FOR SAMMICH!

Return to “Stories from the stars”