Presented by Gamingverse.com; For gamers...By Gamers
Twisted Realities

State of the Galaxy 807 ABY

Blue booking and various stories
Snake

Postby Snake » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:01 pm

In 783 ABY Xym Launched a merciless attack against the Jedi and all other force users and managed to reduce their numbers from 15,000 Jedi and 3000 Imperial Knights to 200 Jedi and 700 Imperial Knights. Currently there approximately 150 and 600 Imperial Knights Jedi. The Jedi having received no help from the G.A. and in fact having suffered from Betrayal from the GAG have disassociated themselves from any political body are now simply independent and scattered. Everyone knows the Sith are out there but no one knows how many there are nor what they are up to.

The Galaxy is currently in a state of cold war. The Pirate King Xym has taken over a full 55% of the galaxy with the Empire having 20% and the Galactic Alliance having 25%. The G.A. and the Empire have an agreement of mutual assistance in the event that Xym tries to take over anything else.

With the focus of the galaxy in one way or another on Xym it has seen crime skyrocket. The galaxy has become quite lawless with so many of it's protectors watching Xym and waiting for his inevitable push for the rest of the Galaxy...

Boris
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Boris » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:26 pm

How my character feels about the current events:

Xym: Ruthless but efficient. He's just biding his time before he takes over the rest. Just hope me and mine can stay the hell out of his way. Maybe make a buck or two off his boys here and there.

Jedi: They are outdated and stogey. Clinging to old codes that don't have a place in the current 'verse. When you're in the black it's dog eat dog and survival of the fittest. If you give anyone an inch, force or no, they'll leave you on the drift.

G.A. I don't have any time or patience for the rudden Alliance. They see fit to put their noses in things only when they can make a quick cred or some good PR. Don't trust a fed. Period. Ever.

Imperial Knights: Them uppity pretty boys don't know their heads from their assholes. Sure they might be trained up right, but with any real training they first thing they extract is your free will followed by who you are. I know I actually trained as one for a while.
Boris(a.k.a. GM, TheUnforgiven, and Mike) is considered dangerous but useful. Psycological profile indicates either multiple personality disorder or an unhealthy degree of imagination. Approach with care; Report to regional Headquarters C when successful.
Current Characters:
D&D4th Catsith - Rogue
Mutants and Masterminds - OctPrime
Shadowrun 5th: ZERK!!!! FOR SAMMICH!

Jhaiisiin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jhaiisiin » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:45 pm

My character's stances on everything:

Xym: He's a running pain in the ass. Every time you turn around, he's shafting someone else, and it's more than a little tiring at this point. Here's hoping someone finds a way to finally cripple that SOB.

Jedi: I'm not sure about these guys. The Force is a weird thing, but it is also damned useful. I just hope they don't finally decide the galaxy is their property and band together with force controlled zombies or some crap.

G.A. - As useless as they are arrogant. If you're not one of them, then you're about as useful as bantha poodoo. Lucky for me, they're wrong, and I wasn't dumb enough to join them.

Empire/Knights - They're better than the Alliance, but not by much. I don't trust them much more than the Alliance boys either. Luckily, not all of them are bad. I met a few when I was in the Imperial Army that I rather liked. Seems recently they realized the same thing, based on the message I just got.
Last edited by Jhaiisiin on Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GM of D&D in the custom world of Dra'lan

SCIENCE, BITCHES!

Current characters:
D&D4th - Dol-wen Archun - Goliath Warden
SR5 - Spellwolf - Nordic Dwarf Shaman
Mutants&Masterminds - Marcus Davis AKA "Lazarus" - Genetic Genius with constantly shifting power sets VS Barry "The Paladin" Smith - A Chosen Warrior wielding a magical sword.

Retired - Wayne Censi - Fae-Blooded Satyr Akashic Brother (and that's not even the half of it)

Snake

Postby Snake » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:52 pm

Funny how Mikes character sounds more like Mal than Siin's...

Boris
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Boris » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:09 pm

I was more thinking Jayne honestly
Boris(a.k.a. GM, TheUnforgiven, and Mike) is considered dangerous but useful. Psycological profile indicates either multiple personality disorder or an unhealthy degree of imagination. Approach with care; Report to regional Headquarters C when successful.
Current Characters:
D&D4th Catsith - Rogue

Snake

Postby Snake » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:31 pm

Ah... Lotta Muscle, Good shooting ability not much brain... MMMM... Brains...

Jhaiisiin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jhaiisiin » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:02 pm

Modified my post slightly to put me in the Imperial Army, not the GA Army so the backstory works best with Mike's current idea.

SCIENCE, BITCHES!

Current characters:
Mutants&Masterminds - Marcus Davis AKA "Lazarus" - Genetic Genius with constantly shifting power sets VS Barry "The Paladin" Smith - A Chosen Warrior wielding a magical sword.

Retired - Wayne Censi - Fae-Blooded Satyr Akashic Brother (and that's not even the half of it)

Snake

Postby Snake » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:32 pm

One thing I forgot to mention above is that Force users are hunted and persecuted in Xyms area of space. In the GA they capture Force users for their own use and in the Empire force users are tolerated but there is an air of "Why haven't they joined the Imperial knights?"

Jhaiisiin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jhaiisiin » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:57 pm

I believe the current idea is that both Mikes served in as knights, and have since moved on/gone awol/whatever. I'm not a force user, so I can be whereever.

SCIENCE, BITCHES!

Current characters:

Boris
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Boris » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:59 pm

...and if Mike's character wasn't a knight, he could have been a Jedi advisor, xfer, exchange, spy, overlord...yadda yadda
Current Characters:
D&D4th Catsith - Rogue

Mr. Prime

Postby Mr. Prime » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:30 pm

...and if Mike's character wasn't a knight, he could have been a Jedi advisor, xfer, exchange, spy, overlord...yadda yadda
My character started as a scoundrel who got involved in a lot of swoop bike racing. I encountered a Jedi on Ord Mandell (or some other appropriate planet that has swoop bike racing, maybe Tantooine) who saw in me the potential for using the force. He took my character back to the Jedi Academy, where he did fairly well there. He had inclinations to the light side, but every so often, to the consternation of his mentors, he would use the Force for personal gain, such as cheating in the swoop bike races. He just could not let go of being a scoundrel. My character's personal philosophy is you should strive for the light , but every so often, there is no harm in helping yourself if it all balances out in the end by doing good as well. Somehow, the force guided him to this particular vessel, that intrigued him.

Boris
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Boris » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:29 pm

Ok, lets see if we can figure out how our characters knew each other before. Hmmm....

Maybe back in the day(Early Scoundrel levels) we worked for/with the same crimelord, and your character might have shown me the ropes? You get this ship and decide to call in a favor to help crew the thing? You rmembered i was always handy with a wrench...

And Siin's character could have been an old Soldier buddy that i'll send a WAV to, calling in a favor that way?

What do you think? Rob? Mike? Siin?
Last edited by Boris on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Characters:
D&D4th Catsith - Rogue

Jhaiisiin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jhaiisiin » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:34 pm

I don't see an issue with that. We'll likely want to flesh this all out tonight.

SCIENCE, BITCHES!

Current characters:

Snake

Postby Snake » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:56 pm

I probably should have clarified this but... There is no Jedi Council. The Jedi that are left maintain VERY little contact with each other as they are usually on other worlds. They are like the Lone Ranger (Except not Lone). They Hide and try to regain numbers but have virtually nothing to do with each other. So they may have differing philosophies from the Jedi norm... Or the Jedi Bill.

Mr. Prime

Postby Mr. Prime » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:05 pm

So I guess I just trained with my mentor, and then I left to find my own forturnes, wherever the Force might take me.

Return to “Stories from the stars”