Twisted Realities

Ties to home

Blue booking and various stories
Boris
Administrator
Administrator
Ties to home

Postby Boris » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:48 am

The view of Corusant was breathtaking from high up in the Jedi Tower. Nevynn was sitting with his back to the window in quiet meditation, enjoying the view. Nevynn rose, turned and walked to the door, and opened it just as a druid walked up.

“Master Nevynn, a message for you.” The druid handed him a small chip. Nevynn took the chip and tucked it into his robes.

“Thank you.” The druid turned and walked away, Nevynn closed the door and walked to the terminal at his desk, and inserted the chip. Instantly a projection of another Miraluka appeared, wearing an ornately designed piece of cloth over his eyes.

“Nevynn, I know you’re in the middle of training…but the situation with Gwerro has gotten worse, and needs your intervention….”

===

Alpheridies was a beautiful planet, if you could see it. The light from the star it orbited didn’t penetrate the atmosphere, but the inhabitants didn’t mind the dark. The Miraluka developed the ability to use the force to see, so the lack of light didn’t bother them.

Nevynn Guru was always skilled with the staff. He chose it when he was young, as part of his training, he was to learn to use a common melee weapon. Nevynn was being trained to replace his father as the Miraluka Minister of Economic Defense. Nevynn didn’t care much for being a Minister, and didn’t care much for the academic side of his training. This did not please his father, but the day he chose to decline his office of Minister, to become a soldier, his father snapped.

In a fit of irrational rage, his father struck his son across the face, tearing off his family’s crest from his eyes. “You are no longer my son, this dishonor you have done to me will not stand…get out of my house.” Nevynn’s father swung his hand to strike him again, but this time Nevynn caught his wrist.

“Father, you will never strike me again…” Nevynn remarked with a sneer.
“I am not your father; get out of my sight before I call city security to have a trespasser removed.” Nevynn stared at his father, not believing his father would disown him like that, but as his father reached for the security panel Nevynn turned and left his family home forever.

====

Nevynn finished listening to the holo-projection, put the disc inside his robes and walked out of his room. Nevynn quickly found his Miraluka, Jedi Master, and bowed before him.

“Master, I have gotten word from home, I need permission to go take care of things, I won’t be gone long.”

“Do I need to go with you? I know you’ve had some problems with your family back on Alpheridies. “

“No Master, that won’t be necessary, it has nothing to do with my family.”

“Very well Nevynn be safe, and try not to be gone long.”

“I will Master, thank you.” Nevynn bowed and hurried out of the room, to secure passage back to Alpheridies.

(To be continued...)
Last edited by Boris on Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boris(a.k.a. GM, TheUnforgiven, and Mike) is considered dangerous but useful. Psycological profile indicates either multiple personality disorder or an unhealthy degree of imagination. Approach with care; Report to regional Headquarters C when successful.
Current Characters:
D&D4th Catsith - Rogue
Mutants and Masterminds - OctPrime
Shadowrun 5th: ZERK!!!! FOR SAMMICH!

Return to “Stories from the stars”