Calling in a favor

Blue booking and various stories
Jhaiisiin
Administrator
Administrator
Calling in a favor

Postby Jhaiisiin » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:34 am

OOC: Total of 21 on a favor check for trying to get this done

Zil put in a call to an old friend. He'd worked with other nobles back in the day, prior to his fall, and during his run he'd racked up a few favors here and there. It was time to see if they would be honored.

As the call connected, another anomid appeared in the holodisplay. After a moment, recognition and surprise hit his face. "Zil? Is that you?"

"Hello, Taldis. How've you been?"

"Pretty much the same, up one day and down the next, but I've still got my livelihood. From what I hear though, I doubt you can say the same. Your name is all over the place, and not in the friendliest of bulletins."

"So I hear. Seems you still have your ear to the ground like you always did."

Taldis' features shifted slightly, as if sensing the impending request. "You've got that tone, Zil. What do you want?"

"I need a favor. Things aren't going as smoothly as I expected since my departure and I need to get ahead of the game."

"No way, Zil. You've had a bounty on your head for a while, and I'm not sure I can be associ-"

"You owe me, Taldis," Zil said forcefully, interrupting his old acquaintance. "You're still in power because I helped you a while back. I'm not asking you to kill someone. I just need information, and it's the kind you've always been able to get."

Taldis closed his eyes for a few moments and breathed a heavy sigh. "Alright, Zil. Tell me what you want and I'll see what I can do."

"There's a Rodian.... business person, we'll say. Name of Navik, former lackey to a departed hutt. He's running business both on the level and not so level. I need you to open those ears of yours and find out who he gets his information from. Who has he paid off? I can't get ahead in this game if everyone else knows things before I do."

"And that's it?" Taldis asked, skeptically.

"Knowledge is power, my friend. You know this. Can you get me the information?"
GM of D&D in the custom world of Dra'lan

SCIENCE, BITCHES!

Current characters:
D&D4th - Dol-wen Archun - Goliath Warden
SR5 - Spellwolf - Nordic Dwarf Shaman
Mutants&Masterminds - Marcus Davis AKA "Lazarus" - Genetic Genius with constantly shifting power sets VS Barry "The Paladin" Smith - A Chosen Warrior wielding a magical sword.

Retired - Wayne Censi - Fae-Blooded Satyr Akashic Brother (and that's not even the half of it)

Return to “Stories from the stars”